Public Build 1.5
Public Build 1.5 is now available. This represents the most significant update to the game since I started uploading builds.
NOTE: Currently only the WebGL build has been updated to 1.5, the Windows downloadable will be available in the morning Downloadable now available! Link below.
As of this update, I am now considering the driving controls to be 90% complete, and ready for polishing.
- Manual Transmission
- Thrust is now limited by which gear the car is in. First gear is a suitable speed for side roads, second gear works for longer streets and the Boulevard, and third gear is for when you need to go irresponsibly fast.
- Reverse is now a distinct gear instead of a button. The car can now only thrust backwards when in the correct gear.
- An explanation of the gear shifting controls can be found in the game description.
- Boost is now modified by engine gear, making it actually viable to use.
- Boost now consumes Boost Energy. Currently Boost Energy can only be replenished by perfectly timed gear shifts.
- Driving your car outside of the appropriate range of speeds for your current gear will also deplete Boost Energy, or damage your hull integrity if you are out of energy.
- Strafing has been modified to be punchier, with a larger boost of initial velocity and less with the button held.
- Screenshake has been added for when the vehicle is outside of the appropriate velocity or when damage is taken.
- Finalized Car Colliders
- I have finally found a collider configuration that allows the car to take slopes safely and to not GETDOWN when crossing from one collider surface to another. (It's 4 spheres in wheel position, for anyone interested).
- Sound Effects
- There are finally sound effects for various things.
- Currently, the following sound effects exist in the game:
- Shifting sounds
- Engine rumble when grinding gears
- Camera Overhaul
- The camera now should feel a lot more dynamic. It now responds to steering, strafing, and responds much more dramatically to acceleration.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.